4.13.2022

I couldn't afford to buy gas while the family made millions- Former Employee to the Kardashians Spills

I couldn't afford to buy gas while the family made millions- Former Employee to the Kardashians Spills

Former Employee to the Kardashians, Jessica DeFino has opened up about her experience with the Kardashian Family.

It was recalled that Jessica once worked as an assistant director on Kardashian-Jenner Official apps during 2015-2016.

This comes after Kim made an advice asking women to "Get their f*cking ass up and work" as she further wrote that "It seems like nobody wants to work these days".


Reacting to this, Jessica Tweeted back at Kim as she revealed that she could not even afford to buy gas while she was working at the Kardashian app but the family was making millions.

In her tweets, she wrote;

I was an editor on the Kardashian apps in 2015 in LA.

I worked days nights & weekends, could only afford groceries from the 99 Cents Only Store, called out ‘sick’ more than once bc I couldn’t put gas in my car to get to the office, & was reprimanded for freelancing on the side.

According to jessica, she disclosed that she was paid $35,000 per year and her take home after tax was just enough to cover up her rent and utility bills.

In another tweet Jessica wrote to vice, she wrote;

When I read Kardashian’s original quote about women not working hard, I thought of the labor I put into launching the Kardashian Jenner Official Apps—days, nights, holidays, weekends, whenever and wherever I was needed.

I wasn’t alone. I spoke to two former employees who worked on the apps and two former employees of KKW Beauty, Kim Kardashian’s cosmetics line, all of whom described an environment of overwork at the expense of their mental and sometimes physical health, as well as their career advancement.

I couldn't afford to buy gas while the family made millions- Former Employee to the Kardashians Spills

DeFino also recounted a time when she was reprimanded by the manager for writing freelance articles on the side to supplement her meagre income.

She also mentioned another time when she was confronted for applying for other job opportunities.

However, the publication asserted that the Kardashian sisters "were likely unaware of what the people behind their apps were paid."

Share this Story

No comments:

Post a Comment